It's hot in the city. Almost-ninety-degrees weather calls for an escape from the heat. Fortunately, this Sunday was National Ice Cream Day, which motivated us to put together a list of what we consider the best ice cream shops in NYC. These sweet treats will for sure keep you cool and make your children happy. How many of these have you tried yet? Let us know!
- Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream: even the most conventional flavors become sophisticated here. Try bourbon, madagascar, burnt honey or peppermint vanilla.
- Big Gay Ice Cream: the ice cream company that teamed up with a fashion brand. Big Gay and Gap have are working together in order to sell more ice cream and more t-shirts! Get a colorful cone with a fun topping and enjoy an afternoon in the village.
- Cookie DŌ: it's not ice cream, it's gourmet edible, bakeable, customizable cookie dough! Need we say more? Stop by Cookie DŌ's headquarters at 737 2nd Avenue or order your dough in. Let's face it, we love the frozen cookie dough more than the actual cookie.
- Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream: the Brooklyn based business has transformed from a pair of pale yellow ice cream trucks driving around New York City into a company with four scoop shops. Now they even have a cookbook! Their flavors range from blueberry swirl to vegan pistachio.
- Dominique Ansel Kitchen: the creator of the cronut surprised us again with his new specialty, the burrata soft serve with balsamic caramel and confit of strawberries, and gianduja with salted hazelnut brittle, sprayed-on orange mist, and sea salt.
- Momofuku Milk Bar: if Karlie Kloss likes it, so do we. The top-notch model even has a type of cookies named after her! Here you can find everything milk related, especially cereal! Try the milk soft serve with cornflakes, you won't regret it.