Last Updated: April 9, 2014
At Children Chic Inc. (herein after referred to as Childrenchic) we value our customers and respect your privacy. We collect information about you in through our website www.childrenchic.com, including e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our website, in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, contests and promotions. As described in this policy, we may share your information with our affiliated companies and, under certain circumstances, with third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service.
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, gender, birthday, personal interests, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted or identified, when you visit our website, place an order online or by phone, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make online or by phone. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners, from unrelated third parties, and from our affiliated companies.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment, and to process merchandise returns
- To communicate with you and, with your consent when required, to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To permit you to create an online wish list and, if you choose, to share that list with your friends and others who are registered on the site and know your email address
- To permit you to create a personal address book for your shipping address(es) on our site
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions and programs in which you participate
- To help us learn about your shopping preferences and purchasing history, including so that we may tailor offers to you
- To help us address problems with and improve and develop our site design, products and services
- To enhance your shopping experience
- For our internal business purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- To contact you if necessary regarding your transactions, your account, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and/or for other administrative purposes
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls.
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our affiliated companies, for their use consistent with this policy, including for marketing purposes.
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, processing credit cards, fulfilling your requests, or helping prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent or suspicious activities and transactions. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- We may share information about you if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to: (1) comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, inquiry or request from government or public authorities in any country in which we operate, including the U.S. and Canada; (2) protect the rights, privacy or safety of Intermix or others; (3) protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes; (4) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain; or (5) enforce our policies or the terms and conditions applicable to any contest, promotion or program.
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our online site (such as your name and contact information). To access your information at our website, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, from us, you can let us know by contacting our customer service.
Please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from us. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications by email from us again by re-signing up for email when you visit our website, or by contacting customer service. You can start receiving promotional communications by mail from us again by contacting customer service.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
Childrenchic is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our website is a general audience site and is not targeted to or intended for use by children.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our website.
We also use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on our website and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers' online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our sites may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the site. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other, non-affiliated websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from and about you. This information may be used to improve our website, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit our website, along with the time of your visit and the pages that you visited. It is also collected by pixel tags, as described above. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
We may use IP addresses for the same purposes for which we use personal information, as well as for calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our website and your use of our website including providing opportunities to you and fulfilling your requests and purchases. Except where otherwise required by law, we treat IP addresses, server log files and related information as non-personal information.
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access, acquisition or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us as.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
California law permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain details regarding our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Childrenchic permits California residents to opt out of having their information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or send us a message through our Contact Us page.
Childrenchic Customer Service
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org